HKT (SEHK:6823) – HONG KONG, April 6, 2022 – The economy of Hong Kong has been hardly hit by the COVID-19 epidemic. Many enterprises, especially small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), are facing significant challenges and difficulties. As a long-standing partner of SMEs, HKT has provided them with more than 50 digital solutions to meet their business needs. Today, HKT launched a series of complimentary relief measures totaling $32 million, with no service charges for SMEs for designated time periods, to support their efforts to quickly recover and capture business opportunities once the economy resumes its upturn.
The newly launched relief measures, which are free of charge and without a contractual commitment period, include:
Digital marketing solutions for SMEs to expand sales channels
- Free BizWise solutions for three months, including SMS and WhatsApp promotion tools and customer service
- Free Online Yellow Pages search advertising service at yp.com.hk for 12 months
- Free Google Business Profile setup service
De-Commerce solutions for SMEs to increase revenue streams
- Free e-commerce solutions for six months, including online shop, online booking and online food ordering
- Free Business Anywhere service for six months, connecting business telephone numbers with the prefix “2” with our mobile app to help owners stay in touch with their business anytime, anywhere
Comprehensive payment platform for SMEs to capture business opportunities
- Tap & Go and FPS 0% transaction fee
- Three-month rental fee waiver for the SmartPOS device supporting 16 payment methods, including all stored value facilities participating in Phase I of the 2022 Consumption Voucher Scheme (CVS)
Now TV for business
- Complimentary selection of Now TV channels for three months, including Now News, Now BNC and Now 668
All SMEs in Hong Kong can apply for the above relief measures via https://www.hkt-sme.com/support-sme/ on or before May 31, 2022. They can also get information on the latest promotions and other supporting initiatives on the website.
Ms. Susanna Hui, Group Managing Director of HKT, said, “HKT is committed to leveraging emerging technologies to deploy digital solutions among SMEs and enhance their operation efficiency and competitiveness. As a strong partner of SMEs in Hong Kong, we launched a new campaign to assist SMEs in coping with their immediate challenges through measures such as digital marketing solutions and a comprehensive payment platform to capture opportunities presented by CVS in April and May. Each of these initiatives is designed to meet different business needs, enabling SMEs to quickly bounce back when the economy recovers.”
Understanding that SMEs often have limited IT resources, HKT also provides them with free consultation services covering industry-specific solutions, cybersecurity, communications and cloud technology, in addition to 24/7 professional technology support. Workshops are also regularly organized to help SMEs master the solutions deployed.
*The above offers are subject to terms and conditions.
 Tap & Go is operated by HKT Payment Limited (Stored Value Facilities Licence Number: SVF0002) and subject to its relevant terms and conditions.
The Promotion is applicable to SMEs, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and social enterprises, and subject to the relevant terms and conditions. Please refer to https://bit.ly/3MtwGOT for details.